OK, it's been a long time coming, but here is my top five and bottom five episodes of Littlest Pet Shop:
5. "Commercial Success": Jasper is not the most popular character on the show since his attempts at humor bring episodes to a screeching halt. He was exceptionally horrible in this one.
4. "Hedgehog in the Plastic Bubble": Blythe are Russell are wildly out-of-character in this one. Everyone knows Blythe has a pimple, but mistakes it for a rare illness and descends further by acting out a book so dramatically. Russell is only in a plastic bubble for a minute and is apparently unaware that hedgehogs shed quills from time-to-time.
3. "Two Pets for Two Pests": It's not at all about the chinchillas becoming pets for the Biskit twins. That was well done. Everything else was wrong from making Sunil be "Spike at Your Service" incompetent and the pets being a bit selfish when the opportunity to go to Blythe's school comes up.
2. "Secret Cupet": An overly reckless and shameless Sugar Sprinkles with her love song and Blythe retconned into acting foolish in front on Josh. That thankfully got corrected in "Fish Out of Water." So much was just wrong about this episode.
1. "Terriers and Tiaras": Sorry, I just can't get over turning Blythe into the antagonist ("Pageant Mom") over the simplest of insults and then have Zoe of all characters call her out on it. Still don't think this was good reality show to parody given who the target audience is.
5. "Summertime Blues": Actually a nice way to end the first season and a good way of having Blythe pursue her dream and the pets having to deal with not having Blythe for awhile in a physical sense.
4. "Tounge Tied": A nice way of giving Blythe a challenge with her communication skills with animals by having a Korean-speaking ferret. It also foreshadows the midseason finale.
3. "Lotsa Luck": We get to see Mrs. Twombly's past as an inventor of kung-fu quilting as well as great character development for Pepper in trying to impress Old Bananas.
2. "Lights, Camera, Mongoose!": One of the first episodes that was truly entertaining from beginning to end. The song was great and Sunil really shines here.
1. "The Secret Recipe": It did tease that Blythe may have to reveal her secret to Youngmee, but who thought she would actually do so? We have another sentimental song and every character is in top form here.
So that's my top and bottom five LPS episodes. I'll be at Ponyville Ciderfest in Milwaukee this weekend and my next journal entry will be from there.
That's all for now. More later.